Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Five Color Composition


For this composition I wanted to take a letter and have it cover the whole page. I used the letter K and the created some copies of it. I was still playing with creating depth and also playing with the white space. At the last minute I decided to add a D in behind the K, but only a while one, giving it more white space, I like how it added to the composition, because it is on top of some of the copies of K but under others. Over all I really like how this one turned out..and it is much less soupy.



With this one, I continued to play with white space. I used the letters D and B. They are the initials of both my husband and soon baby boy. So I thought it would be fun to play with and possible put up something in the babies room. The nice thing is that both letters have the same kind of movement, so its hard to tell where the B's are. I tried working with the white space, and background again. I feel that this one might have gotten a little soupy but not near as busy as my last set of compositions.



The final one I feel that I finally was getting somewhere with creating depth withing the background. I created this kind of spiral shape out of both letters and numbers and then changed the opacity on the layers farther back. The closer to the top, the more you are able to see them. I like how the colors work together, what the white space is doing and how the darker colors also create some distance. Its a little soupy and maybe if I would have made the piece smaller and in the corner, with the top left having more of just the background color and less going on, it would have been a better composition. I do however feel that these 3 compositions are some of my best work. I am a little sad that we will be moving on from here and had fun creating.

No comments: