Wednesday, October 8, 2008

2 Color Compositions

For the 2 color compositions, I decided to think about why I was a graphic design major and what I wanted to do with the knowledge I gained. One of those things is to offer invitations announcements. This top one is a theme that I am really drawn to, the curly parts anyways. After I finished that, I thought, I needed to add something else, but I wasn't quite sure what. I knew if I was making this for someone it would have text on it, so that's were the weird line pattern came from. I feel I got carried away , and added things that didn't really fit, and didn't know when to stop. If I could remove somethings, I think I would enjoy this composition more.


This Composition, I tried to be more free with, but it just became a pattern, and didn't really look at the page as a whole. Sometimes, if I don't pay attention, then I forget about important things like figure ground.


This Composition, I tried to create energy with the lines, and dots off the lines, and added another aspect to the page with the larger circles. I again forgot about the figure ground, and fell that this could become something if I paid more attend to the background, and how I place things.

No comments: